button below to download advertising fliers
The Center for
Innovation in Education is
the leading provider of math inservice in the country. Our courses are
aligned with both the NCTM and Common Core Standards.
- Math Their Way (Grades TK-K-2)
- Math a Way of Thinking (Grades 2-6)
Our math programs provide a manipulative-based, activity-centered approach
to mathematics. They focus on children developing an understanding of
and insight into the patterns of mathematics, while emphasizing the basic
arithmetic operations necessary to meet skill-based standards.
- FREE to host (attendees pay their
- Workshops may have from 15 to 40 participants.
- College credit is available in most states.
- Enrollment fee is waived for 1 volunteer helper for 15 or more paid
- Enrollment fee is waived for 2 volunteer helpers for 25 or more
Volunteer Helpers (with 15 or more paid enrollees)
helpers are allowed to attend
at no charge
in exchange for volunteering
time to support our instructors. Helpers assist the instructor on set-up
day, which usually occurs on the day before the workshop begins and
hour before and after each day of the class. Helpers also have the
same credit options as the participants. No helpers are needed for
workshops with less than 15 enrollees.
- Workshops may be scheduled on weekdays, over weekends, or a combination
- Workshops may be scheduled in a 4 or 5 day format.
- 5 day format 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. with a half hour lunch.
- 4 day format 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with an hour lunch.
$350.00 per person if paid in advance of the first day of the workshop.
$375.00 per person if paid on or after the first day of the workshop.
The Center covers
the cost of the instructor, including travel and housing expenses. The
hosting site provides the workshop manipulatives. The participants provide
their own copies of the recommended texts and the materials to bring each
day. Examples of appropriate manipulatives are found on the following
Workshops open to the general community of teachers are posted on the
Centers website within two weeks of the receipt of the hosting application--after
the school or district has been contacted by Center staff to confirm the
Hosting schools and/or districts may click the appropriate button at the
top of this page to download promotional fliers which may be used to advertise
Contact us if you have any questions
Phone: (800) 395-6088
Fax: (408) 725-8146
here to go to the hosting application form.
You can fill the application online and submit to us. Or, if you wish,
you may download the form and mail or fax it to us. To download a
printable version, click here.