a Way of Thinking
This intermediate math workshop ...
- Provides methods, materials and activities for helping all children
- Helps teachers develop a framework for implementing the use of a
child-centered mathematics curriculum.
- Provides experiences which help teachers evaluate the value of other
materials and programs.
- Emphasizes the implementation of the NCTM Curriculum and Evaluation
Standards for School Mathematics.
- Helps teachers implement the NCTM mandate of Algebra for everyone.
- Provides a set of problem solving skills that are not grade level
specific and which encourage creativity and divergent thinking.
- Focuses on helping teachers redefine their role from that of teachers
of arithmetic to teachers of mathematics.
- Compatible with most states' Standards.
Mathematics...A Way of Thinking,written by Bob Baratta-Lorton
Course Number EDM
211A - Mathematics a Way of Thinking
- $350 per person if received prior to the workshop
- $375 per person if received at or after
the start of the workshop
- One Day Inservice (maximum of 40 participants - $2,500)
and Credit information & what to bring
on the first day of the workshop.
a Way of Thinking Course Syllabus is a .pdf file that can
be viewed and printed. It requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 3 or higher.
Acrobat Reader is free at www.adobe.com.
find Math a Way of Thinking workshops in your area, click the "Search
Workshops" button, select your options and click "Start Search".
Enroll now in a Math Their Way Workshop.
Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Their Way (K-2)
enroll by purchase order, or by check, or if you are unable to order
on-line, click here to download an enrollment form.